Thats right, we've chosen May 16 to be married in the Manti Temple.
We're going to have an open house in Delta that night and then another openhouse in Altamont on the 21(Thursday, I know, but its the only time we could get Hidden Springs).
I've had a million people want to know our engagement story, so here is it.
Cody and I have almost been dating for year and we knew that we'd eventually get mar
ried but we just took our time. Well around Christmas time we went and looked at rings and he found the perfect one! Its super awesomely pretty! (the picture doesn't do it justice!)
ried but we just took our time. Well around Christmas time we went and looked at rings and he found the perfect one! Its super awesomely pretty! (the picture doesn't do it justice!) So I knew it was going to come sometime soon so I waited and waited. I was kinda getting impatient with the waiting thing so I asked him if he had the ring and he said the ring had to be custom made and would take up to three months! I was like dangit! So I said we need to make some plans and if we don't start we won't get the lodge for May. So he said... I'll just get you a cracker jack ring prize. I said all right as long as its big and big!
So on January 29 at my little sister's ball game, he came walking in with a box of munch and crunch
(he couldn't find some cracker jack). I thought he seemed all little nervous but I just shrugged that off. He handed me the box and I thought he was just being a smartallic so I put the box down and conitued to watch Quincee's game. All of a sudden he was chowing down the crunch. He was like I'm going to find the prize before you... and still I didn't catch on. A few hand fulls later, he
found the prize and pulled out a Ring Pop and continued to pull it out of the wrapper and get down one one knee... my face was so red! But I didn't know it was the real thing so i didn't go along with it..... so he got up and I ate the ring pop.
(he couldn't find some cracker jack). I thought he seemed all little nervous but I just shrugged that off. He handed me the box and I thought he was just being a smartallic so I put the box down and conitued to watch Quincee's game. All of a sudden he was chowing down the crunch. He was like I'm going to find the prize before you... and still I didn't catch on. A few hand fulls later, he
found the prize and pulled out a Ring Pop and continued to pull it out of the wrapper and get down one one knee... my face was so red! But I didn't know it was the real thing so i didn't go along with it..... so he got up and I ate the ring pop.So we watched the rest of the game... Quincee's team won by the way, and we headed for home. I was still laughting about his little trick as we walked into my house, but he wasn't saying anything. So I turned around and there he was, bent onto one knee and there he asked me to marry him and I said YES! and he gave me that beautiful ring! I love it so much and I love him so much! I can't wait to start my life with him and be sealed to him forever!
But I guess the fun of planning a wedding begins... I'm not sure if its fun or not! But I'm sure everything will turn out great!
Well thats our story! I thought he's proposal was so cute and clever. Come to find out he was setting this whole thing up with Quincee and he thought I knew the whole time, so he last minutly had to come up with his real proposal. But I loved it and I was so surprised!
This is a picture of the Cod-man and I ice skating with Quincee, Rylan and their friends. I love pictures so so so much, I'm going to try and add a pic in every blog! We'll see if I succeed!


Kandice!!! I am so excited for you!!!! I am getting married on the 22nd.... In Salt Lake. It isn't official yet. We just have the temple booked. The ring will come later this month! I love your story and your ring is beautiful!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, cute story. Good choice on the Manti Temple, it will be so beautiful in May. I'm so happy for you guys. Cute couple.
ReplyDeleteI love hearing that story again. you guys are so dang cute and please post as many pics as you can! I need to know all the details and see all the pictures of your life because it's been so long since I have seen you.
ReplyDelete