Mamma said there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this my mamma said......
Oh boy, what a day! I woke up this morning with every intention of having a great day cuz well today is Cody and I's 3 year anniversary. I had so many things I wanted to get done. I got right up baked a cake (I have to bake it early in the day cuz Jo was asleep still and our little apt gets too hot in the afternoon to run our oven. We haven't put up our ac yet...) After baking the cake I made Jo breakfast, washed strawberries to dip them in chocolate for our anniversary dinner and called our contractor to get his contractor's # so I could submit our building permit....
That is where everything went down hillllllll.....
I couldn't get hold of him, so I left a message and about that time Jo spilt her whole breakfast all over the floor and all over herself. So after I cleaned her up we got ready for the day and while I took a shower jo was suppose to be watching a movie (we do this every morning and she is usually very good to sit and watch it) well this time she tore the whole house apart. Granite our house is probably 100 square feet it is possible to pull everything out in less than 15 minutes.
I calmly picked up the mess and with Jo's help we put all her clothes which she had pulled out back and reorganized her toys... fine that needed done anyways. After getting thing picked up it was time for Jo's nap so I put her down to sleep and I want outside to clean out Cody's truck as a little/lame anniversary present. I had just gotten everything out and ready to vacuum when I hear, MOMMMA! It was Jo calling to me from our front window, the tornado was awake. Reluctantly we I went and got her and we finished cleaning the truck (not as well as I wanted but it still looked nice). We went in for lunch and while Jo was eating her lunch I started to dip the strawberries, which went pretty until I got the call...
The call that our contractor thought he wouldn't be able to contract our house, he thought he'd be too busy with other projects... I fell apart! After getting off the phone I burst into tears and called Cod and said, "We're not meant to have house!" and while this all was happening Jo was screaming at the top of her lungs for a Popsicle!
After Cody calmed my nerves I hung up the phone and just had the feeling of 'what are we going to do now!' Cuz well this is the 2nd, Let me repeat 2nd contractor who had backed out on us!
If it wasn't for bad luck we wouldn't have any luck at all!
And to add to this most wonderful day, while on a quick run to the store to get stuff for our AC unit, Jo grabbed a bottle of fingernail polish and decided to paint her toe nails! I caught her just in time before she got it all over.. she just had it on her hand, feet, arms, and legs but not her clothes or the floor.. I promise I am an attentive mother... really!
So that's been our day thus far! I hope the rest is uneventful and hopefully we'll get something figured out soooooon on our house.... we thought we had twice now but maybe the 3rd time is the charm!
THAT ASIDE I want to end on a good note, as of 10 am this morning Cody and I have been married for 3 years! And besides all the crazy house stuff and living in a tiny apt, we've a pretty good time and we have a beautiful daughter to show for it! Love you Cod!
Happy Anniversary!!!!! That's so exciting! You have a wonderful family...I know there are always hard times with little ones, but she is so precious and you won't be able to get the time back. :) Good luck with your house....that stinks & I am so sorry!!!!! how frustrating!
ReplyDelete