Sunday, November 18, 2012

House update!

So these pics, like most of all the pics I put on here are fairly old.

My family had a kick out of watching our contractor's poor workers lift all the ten million trusses (seriously there were so many!) up on the walls. They said it took them 5 hours to get one of the main supporting beams up! (Seriously they should have had a crane to help them but I guess our contractor didn't budget for that.) I kinda felt bad for the poor workers. You could tell they were so tired by the end of the day.

And my poor Cod man has been working endless hours on this dang house too. He has been working his little heart away building fence, roughing in electrical (we are going to have the brightest house in all of Altonah!), installing our septic system and digging and moving lotsof dirt. Luckily we've had alot of help from family, friends, coworkers and let me add family again.

From the time this pic was taken until now alot has changed:
-we have a garage,
-our roof is all sheeted and ready for our metal roof to be installed,
-we have a new laundry room which we added as an after thought,
-more footers for the new laundry room,
-most of the rough framing is done,
-Cod got the electrical roughed in,  
-its fully sheet rocked,
-septic system installed and passed by Tri County,
-electrical conduit installed, sanded and covered,
-porch caps pored and stamped, (looks awesome!)
-phone line installed from road to house,
-ALOT, and I mean ALOT of dirt rocks has been moved! 
-And we PASSED our 4 way inspection, which means we are more than half way! YEAH!

I know I'm going to regret not taking more pics so be prepared for a pic overload....
coming soon to a computer/phone/tablet near you!





No comments:

Post a Comment