Saturday, December 29, 2012

Oh Christmas Tree...

With our house just being built and not knowing when it would be finished, I decided to borrow my mom's little tree and decorate it this year.
I have a rule, that our Christmas tree has to be up before my birthday... Dec. 3! And we made it this year. There is just something about Christmas lights on a cold winter night that just relaxes you from a long day.
Jo took the decorating of the tree pretty serious, she took the ornament out, studied it and then put them all on the same tree limb... it was a bit lopsided for the longest time and she refused to let me take them off that little limb until she was down for a nap.
Lets just say this little tree isn't very stable in the first place... We just got the tree cute, and fully decorated when I was walking by with Jo in my arms and she reached for an ornament and the whole tree came toppling over... So truly our tree was only fully decorated for about five mins and after that I would just stick the ornaments where they would fit after, (it was a poor looking tree if I say so myself!)
 
And my second rule is I really like to have all my Christmas decorations down the day after, well soon after Christmas. (I get kind of sick of them) Well this year was the same, I was ready to have our little apt back to normal. We had very little living room space for all Jo's horses with the tree up so it had to come down. Well Jo had a hard time with this. I started taking it down while she was asleep and she came out and said, "NO mom don't play with the tree. See you tip it!" (Hmmm I wonder where she heard that?) So needless to say, I had a fight on my hands, and in compromise i let her keep one of the snowmen out to play with...

No comments:

Post a Comment