Friday, January 4, 2013

Lessons to be learned!

As Jo gets older, she has started picking up on things faster. She is talking so well and her action are just like Mom and Dad. She is seriously her Daddy's mocking bird. (Mom Parted... Long story!)

The other day, Jo Jo was playing with her doll and I heard her say, "You okay baby? Okay?" As she continued to play I heard, "Your in Trouble baby! Sit here! Trouble baby..."
I wonder where she heard that....?
That's when it hit me, she picked it up from me! Whenever she does something wrong, I usually say, "Grrr... Jo what did you do? You're in big Trouble. Sit here until you can be nice!"
I felt so bad, she had learned that from me.
As I continued to watch her play she picked up her baby and gave it a hug and said "Love you baby. Play nice!" and gave it a kiss.
(See, not all I teach her is bad!)

That night as I was checking my email and looking at some stuff on Pinterest I came across this pin:
Boy, did I need this. I needed this as a reminder. A reminder that kids do pick up on everything. They learn so fast and they learn everything from you... you the person they spend most of their time with... you their provider... you their protector and friend.
I personally need to keep this in mind! I want to be her encourager not her be-littler! I want her to feel loved and nurtured not disciplined all the time.
 
 
Some days I get so upset at the littlest things. Little things which do not mean anything. Little things that I should just let roll off my shoulders. Little things I shouldn't fuss over. Little things like Jo Jo dirtying her pants, little messes that could easily be cleaned up, and silly non-important things.
 
So I'm going to add to my New Year Goals,
to Encourage my daughter & husband,
and to let the little things go!  
Its okay to have a messy house (for a little while!), its okay to put off the laundry to have fun, its okay to play before work!
 
Remember: 

No comments:

Post a Comment