Sunday, February 24, 2013

Hunting expo

Sorry to all the men at the hunting expo this weekend, if you saw a wild 2 yr old running around, she was Cody's girl for the day!

Yep, I shipped them all off while I stayed home to study my Young Women's lesson and to help Rylan at the FFA Sweetheart contest (She was 1st attendant! Good Job RY!) Along with Cody, My dad and his brother Scott met up with Cody's family at the expo.

About 2pm, I get a call from Cody. I answer the phone and Cody said, "Guess what I did?" I said, "What? Loose Dallie?" ha ha He continued to tell me the funnest story I had heard in quite awhile.

Okay so the main reason so many men go to these expo is to put their names in for the draw of all the goooood hunting tags. Well, Cody put in for the Dall sheep along with many others... but Dall sheep is really what he's always wanted to get.

All the men decided to attend the drawing of the tags and when it came to the Dall sheep tag, the announcer said, "If your from Roosevelt, UT, please stand up." So Cody stands up and looks around and he is the only one standing and immediately his Dad says, "You lucky sucker, you won!" Cody starts hooping and hollering and runs to the front of the room. Well as he gets up there the announcer says, you don't look like a Stephanie to me... The announcer had looked at the real winner's email that said Roosevelt something. Cody was so embarrassed! He said, "I'll be whatever you want me to be for that tag!" So he sadly took his seat while a women goes up and takes his dream tag... Poor guy!

Cody also said every time someone buggled the elk horn she would grab Cody's face and say, "Dad, you hear that?" Everytime, without fail! ha ha

All in all they said they had a great day! They were able to see some great mounts and put their names in for some other draws. But best of all, Cody was able to spend some one on one time with Jo and they really enjoyed themselves and I enjoyed a quiet Saturday morning all to myself. It was a bit weird to be able to take a shower with out worrying what I would find when I got out.

And I was so glad that they didn't loose Jo... It only took: a Dad, 2 Grandpas (Mathews and Pehrson), Great Grandad Bayles, 1 Great Uncle (Scott Mathews), 3 Uncles (Trav, Kjell, Don), 1 Aunt (Kristen), 2 cousins (Kohlbin and Kashe) and a girlfriend (Uncle Kjell's GF) to keep track of Miss Dallie Jo. When really it was Cody who they should have taken control of! 

 Lastly, I asked Cody if he seen anyone he knew and he said, yeah I saw alot after I made a fool of myself! I wish someone could have video taped it!


Now I'm going tack, relax and wait to hear the funny stories they come home with!

No comments:

Post a Comment