Are you joking me?! It's probably the most uneasy thing I've ever done! Actually, labor/delivery seems to be the easy part of parenting... there were at least people there telling me what to expect and what do to when something was happening.
Now we roll with the flow and pray we are doing the right thing.
As Dallie Jo keeps getting bigger and grows into her own little person, Cody and I realize we really have no idea what we are doing. Like last night, we were eating diner and Dallie starts to cry. Is she hungry, is she hurting, or is she just spoiled rotten!?! I'm thinking she's just spoiled.... ALREADY?!
I kinda think Nanny 911 needs to come live with us so she can tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to get her to sleep at night. NOT KIDDING, Dallie Jo slept better as a newborn than she does now. If she hears the littlest squeak, those little BLUES shoot open and she's searching for the noise maker. I thought by getting tubes in her ears, that they might fix her constant nightly wake ups, NOPE!
And really, its crazy how fast they change! Just last week while in WY for a week Cody was telling me how much she had changed in just a week? She went from this sweet little girl who barely cried, who would hug and kiss you -TO- this little stinker with a BIG attitude, who just wants to walk every where, who
One thing Cody and I do know is, being a parent is the most rewarding blessing we have ever been given. Being a parent is the most costly, confusing and the biggest guessing game we've ever played!
BUT we wouldn't want it any other way! The moments when she will sit and cuddle with you TOTALLY make up for the midnight screams and feedings AND she when she says Mamma it totally makes the mood better; Even if its in the middle of her throwing a fit! I freaked out, and gave into whatever was making her throw a fit...
Yeah, I think I know why she's spoiled... It's totally her Dad's fault! ha ha
And maybe, just maybe it's mine!?! BUT only Maybe!
oh kandice you have no idea how much i needed to hear this cause i sure feel like i have no idea what i'm doing and if i'm just gonna mess him up. its so nice to hear i'm not the only one. :) thank you.
ReplyDelete