Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Binky Business

So this last week has been pretty hard.... hard in the sense that we finally bit the bullet and took away the binky. I seriously thought she might cry for it a few nights, but its been a week since she had a good, working binky and she is still mad at us. I decided to go with putting a hole in the bottle of the binky so she can't keep it in her mouth very well. Well in return to us ruining her bink, we haven't had a full night of sleep. She actually hasn't been asking for the bink as much but she just doesn't sleep as well and she seems to be so much whinnier.

Reasons to keep the Bink:
1- She sleeps at night
2- She loved it so much
3- She sleeps at night
4- She wouldn't walk around the house grunting and whinning
5- She sleeps at night!
6- Her naps went from (2) 1.5 hr naps to (1) 45 min nap! AWE!

Reasons to get rid of the binky:
1- The dentist said so
2- The dentist said so
3- The dentist said so


When Cody got home from work today I said, "I'm giving it back." Cody says, "We've come so far." haha


Who would have thought it would be so hard?... Not me!

2 comments:

  1. At least it's not a thumb right? :) We are still fighting Landon on that one. I need to take Kasen's binky away soon too....not excited about it! Good luck and let's hope she finds another kind of comfort. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might not help but playing music all night helped bren to sleep. Just use the childrens song book cd. worth a try, but if you want my advice do it now!!! The older they are the harder it is!! Good luck

    ReplyDelete