Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Thought of the day...

This is the text convo I just has with my mom:

Mom: Did you know that your Aunt Stacy would have been 41 today! An old lady like me! Yahoo!
Me: Happy birthday to her! I'm sure she's having more fun than us, most likely laughing at us! ha ha Miss her!
Mom: I miss her too! Just think what she told your kids before they came to earth and what to put you through while here! Ha ha I'm sure she did!... along with sweet kisses and hugs!


I just had to share this because I'm sure it is so true.. I'm sure my dear Aunt Stacy did tell my sweet little girl to give us all heck! I seriously miss her so much! I think of her all the time and it seems just like yesterday we were up in the mountains riding horses. She would always say, "Boy Kandice, did you gas up your horse today?" (whenever our horses would pass gas while riding them) And I would laugh so hard! And if were being wild and crazy she'd say, "I'm going to box your ears!"

Just the other day my sister Ashley and I was talking about her. We were saying how our girls were about the same age Rylan was when Stacy passed away. Rylan was about 18 month and Chase was 10, I think. When I left Ash's house I just broke down, I can't imagine leaving my little girl at her age. Granite Stacy is in a better place, I can't imagine how hard it was for her and she truly fought until the very end. Its kinda crazy how much Rylan reminds me of her mom. She rides like her, she acts like her and has that pretty blond hair! And that blond hair goes along with her cute, funny, air headed personality and she teases the same way Stac did! Poor Rylan gets followed around by Dallie Jo the way I'm sure I did to Stacy.

This same pic was given to me and whenever I see it, I imagine its indeed my Aunt helping us long the way. Helping us learn from our mistakes and making us feel comforted by her passing. I feel her sweet spirit when I'm having a hard day and she is always there when we're having fun! Whenever I go fishing or camping I think of the time her and my mom were fishing and caught a muskrat... ha ha ha. Mom was prego with Quincee and Stacy & and mom were freaking out and throwing rocks at it. What a sight!

I can't believe that this last February it has been 12 years since she left us... 12 years! It seems just like yesterday!


Well that's my thoughts for today, lets just end with CANCER SUCKS and I hope that someday a cure can be found so others won't have to loose their love ones! Miss you Stacy and I think of you almost everyday!

1 comment:

  1. i have that same picture. yes cancer sucks.. so sorry at least we know we will see them again. it's hard losing a loved one i still have trouble with my grandpa thacker being gone and thats been two years almost

    ReplyDelete