Thursday, January 17, 2013

House updates

So the house is still coming... SLOWLY!
I know its just me being impatient and wanting to get into that new house but I feel like not much has changed since my last post.
Paint Colors, what do you think?
The top row are the colors I liked for the living room and bathrooms,
still trying to decide which one I like best. The green was for my laundry but it's going away, I don't love it any more and the blue is for Jo's room. I know blue, but her room is going to be blue with hot pink and brown accents.
Kids bathroom tile
We went with porcelain tile. I hope its easier maintenance.
Cody's man cave shower!
I love the tile...
We went with travertine tile in the master shower, floor, kitchen, and half bath.
Its a nature stone that has to be sealed every few years
(that's why I didn't want that in the kids)
Some of the brick that has been layed. Its about 25% done.
Yeah... they have quite a ways to go.
Our metal roof.
I think it turned out so well. Oh and they finally got our porches done on the front and back.
 
And we finally have all the windows in!
 
This house building process has been alot more stressful than we had expected. We've ran into a few hiccups like wet sheet rock (3 walls) and insulation because they didn't have the roof on when they installed them, and our heating system that was installed wasn't the right size and the fireplaces were not the same 'big' models we were quoted, but... those things will hopefully be resolved soon! Our contractor says we could be done in 4 weeks...
Yeah I do believe they could be done, but I don't see it happening.

2 comments:

  1. Your house looks amazing! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks so great! I am excited to see little Jo's bedroom, I think blue, hot pink and brown will be so cute!

    ReplyDelete