SHE is finally here and what a wild ride it was to get her here.
Sorry for any TMI moments during this post but its my blog and I can type what I want! ha ha
It all started Monday night 11/11, Cody had just gotten home from work and I said "Boy, I've been having contractions all day!" He said maybe that baby is getting ready to come!
They were 30 mins apart and not too bad. So I took some Tylenol and headed off to bed. The next morning, I woke up and was still contracting 10 mins apart. I told Cod that he better stay close to his phone, 'just in case' and he headed off to work.
That morning Jo and I headed off to get her hair trimmed then I was headed to Roosevelt for yet another doc appointment. I finished packing everything in my hospital bag 'just in case' and headed off to town. At my apt Dr. Williams made told me I was dilated to a 4 and a little bit more effaced than I was at my last appointment and the contractions were 8 mins apart but not super strong. I as a bit nervous about heading home so Dr. W sent me to labor and delivery to do some monitoring to see just how far apart the contractions were. After about an hour of monitoring the contractions were on and off every 8 mins, not super strong so I guess that is why they sent me home.
When I got home, I went grocery shopping, picked up Jo from Gma Kathy's house and headed home to walk around then Jo and I took a nap.
We woke up from our nap about 5pm. I sent Cody a text saying the contractions were 10 mins apart, thinking he would start his way home. By 6:30 the contractions moved to 5 mins apart, they were getting stronger and I was ready to go in. So I called Cod to see how far out he was, he hadn't even left yet! Lets just say that hour and half hour waiting for him to get home just about killed me.
I took a bath, I walked, I laid down, gave Jo a bath and got her dressed for bed, and finally I tried breathing through the contractions but they were getting too close and hard. I debated whether or not I should just drive myself down. By the time Cod got home, he loaded us up in the truck, we dropped Jo off and headed to the hospital.
Yeah, lets just say, the county needs to fix the road from Altamont to Roosevelt. Its waayyy too bumpy! And having contractions every 5 mins for 30 mins makes for a long miserable drive.
By the time we arrived at the hospital it was about 8pm, I swear the front desk lady wanted me to deliver right there cuz she took her own sweet time and the walk to labor and delivery seemed way longer than it did earlier that day. We were paged back to my delivery room and the nurse asked me the usual questions and then checked to see how far I really was, I as at an 8! An 8! she quickly asked me if I wanted an epidural and I said welllll, then in the middle of answering her question I had another contraction and said, "Ummm Yes, Yes I would." (I actually had thought about going natural but with Jo I had to get 'cut' and it ended up being a 3rd degree tear so I was real nervous about that happening again while having no numbing agent.)
So they called the anesthesiologist, started my IV and the contractions just kept coming faster and faster; my water hadn't yet broke. While we were still waiting for the needle man, I said the anesthesiologist must be a man cuz if the he were a women she would have been here by now.
By the time the anesthesiologist arrived I was at a 9, and it was too late. It was also too late to get a spinal block. They were barely able to dress my bed for delivery before my water broke and I was ready to push. I looked at my nurse and said, "What if I can't do it natural?" She just said, "Well you have to! You can!"
I had to wait through one round of contractions before I could push because my doc wasn't there yet and let just say that was the worst part of the whole thing! Seriously!
My doc finally arrived and I started to push. After the first set of pushing contractions the cord was wrapped around her neck and face so they advised me to push really hard the next one. Three sets of contractions and pushing later, Miss Cooper was here!
I was so relieved. Its amazing how everything just kinda goes away as they lay that sweet baby on your chest for the first time. All the pressure was gone, the pain, no but it had subsided. The doc quickly stitched me up (Yeah still tore) and the yet again the the numbing agent didn't work so i felt every little prick. So I can truly say i know what the pioneers went through! Except being in a sterile hospital and not in the back of a wagon!
When they put Roser on my chest, she looked pretty purple. She had sucked in quite a bit of fluid and was still spitting and trying to cry and cough. I was getting a bit worried. Finally the nurses took her and sucked out her lungs better and she finally was a normal color. She was just the cutest little thing. And let me add another little! I knew she felt smaller than Jo in my belly but she was a full pound and half smaller! (And thank heavens she was, since I had just experienced the alllllll natural thing)
So for your viewing pleasure:
11/12/13
9:15 pm
7.4 pound, 19.5 inches long
SHE is finally HERE!
Jo Loves her soooo much! We called her right after she was born and had her listen to her cry and she was so excited. She was jumping up and down and laughing and saying its my baby!
She is the one that started Cooper's little nick name: Roser
she calls her, her little Cooper Roser.
Little toes
Dallie was so ticked that she couldn't stay at the hospital with us. She didn't want to leave her baby!
All ready to go home! I was so relieved to get out of there.
I had my first round of baby blues the night before. I was such a nut! In the room next to mine, there was another baby being born and there had been people in and out allllllll day and about 1:45 I heard them say that the baby was finally there. Well the celebration out side my room started and I was so ticked. So ticked that I started bawling (yes bawling!) and called the front desk to have them tell them to SHUT Up! Now looking back, I was crazy, were just excited but really! I was so tired! ha ha
Cooper surprised Jo with a little present. A 'BEST big Sister present'. Jo has been pretty good with her. She loves to hold her and kiss her but she is starting to act like she is getting her nose chopped off. She gets really wild when people come to visit and everything is hers, not Cooper's. So we thought a big sister present might help!
I really can't get over how much Cooper looks like Jo. I guess when you have a good thing, why change it! Cody said he had the best recipe for making cute baby girls! haha
It truly is amazing that these little babies get here, and get here safe. After having a baby with an epidural and natural I would say, I did enjoy the epidural more. I was in labor longer but it was manageable because I couldn't feel a thing. BUT the advantage of going natural was I was able to get up and move right after and labor was super short. I told the doc after having her that I didn't think I wanted any more kids. ha ha It was just alot all at once with out time to even think or prepare. Would I go natural again? I don't know. BUT at least I know I can do it! It is painful but its all worth it when you see that lil one!
We couldn't be more happy. I have the cutest little girls and Cody is so cute with them. You always hear everyone say, "I'm so in love with this little one," and I have to add, I am too soooo in love with her. While waiting for her nurse for the first time I just sat and thought, she truly is sent from Heaven and now neat is it that Heavenly Father trusted me as her mother. And how awesome is it that she was just with her Heavenly Father?! so Surreal!
Just to add to for myself to remember:
I was so nervous about Cooper getting jaundice like Jo. I didnt want to have her go through what we went through with Jo so I was very adiment about how I fed her. She is nursing but I went against the nurses advisment and used a little bit of formula to while nursing so she was atleast getting something while I waited for my milk to come in. I would wait for her to latch on and then with a dropper I'd drop a little bit of formula in her mouth to keep her sucking. The nurses kept acting like they didnt like that idea but I didn't give her enough that she would stop sucking. Just enough to help kick start her liver so she didnt get jaundice.
I decided this pregnancy I was going to do whe I thought was best for the baby and I and I'm glad I have. We had to take her in to get the jaundice levels tested today and I really think had I not done that, that she would have ended up just like Jo.
I also tried to ask as many question as possible. Mostly to make sure the nurses knew what they were doing and so I knew why they were doing something. The nurses at UMBC OB are awesome! They are so on top of things and so nice to help and explain anything. So different then the rest of the hospital atmosphere.
And with Jo I got really emotional about the third day. And I looking back I thought it was because she wasn't eating too well and she had high levels of jaundice... BUT I've been emotional with Cooper too. I will just break down into tears over nothing! (Yeah I'm sitting here crying while writing this!) So I guess I too have been hit with those Dang Baby Blues!
Well that's about all for now.
We are so greatful that she is here and so glad she is here safely. Coder keeps commenting how he just couldn't put the stem on the apple and Jo says YEP! ha ha she has no idea what she's talking about!
You are so brave! I am so glad sweet Cooper got here safely :) two beautiful girls!
ReplyDeleteThanks For your post!!! I cried through the whole thing too!! You are amazing!!! LOve ya Tons!!
ReplyDelete