I simply can't believe it's May... Really? Cooper is going to be half a year old and my Jo will be 4, yes 4 in three months!
This last week has been quite the week. We stated the greatness with Cooper getting a cold after Easter, then dal started getting one and then by last weekend they both came down with croup. Not. Fun! And poor gma Carrie came for a visit and it was windy and cold and both girls were bears. And i was so tired from being up with them doing steam treatments and making sure they were all right tht I was a walking vombie.
Cody on the other hand took a quick trip and I mean quick trip to Iowa to pick up the skidsteer he tracked down. Cod and his dad left on Saturday morning, drove straight to Iowa, got there at 1:30am, slept for 4 hours, loaded the machine and was home by 2am Monday morning. And like the dedicated employee he is, went to work Monday at 530. (He was suppose to have it off but a guy at works wife had a baby so he said he'd help out) they had hoped to be home earlier but they got caught in Cheyenne for about two hours due to road closures from snow and high winds.
I ended up taking the girls to the doc on Monday, dal was given a steroid for her cough and Coop was too little for anything and he said her cough hadn't quite turned into croup... Yet so we were sent home to wait it out.
I'm happy to say, Dal is finally getting better. She still has a cough but she's slept through the night the last two nights and coop's cough doesn't sound nearly as manly as it did. I think a big factor to them feeling better is the doterra oils I started using on them. No the oils didn't take the colds away but I think they helped minimize them. I'm not huge on them cuz I was a bit of a skeptic but I really do think they helped. I stated using the on guard mix right after coop was born and we had very little sicknesses at out house until now. (Which like a dumby I stopped using the oils because it was getting warm.) let's just say I'm staring to believe more tht they do help.
Needless to say, we are ready for a fun weekend. No sickies, no wind, and no ornery girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment