Monday, April 4, 2011

Early Morning Procedures

Early this morning, My mom and I took Miss D, in to get tubes put in her ears.

Doctors/Technology these days are so great! They didn't have to do any needle work for this procedure, they just used some gas and to put her out.
The surgery took about 5 mins to finish and she was back in about 25 minutes.
But Boy was she mad! I could hear her screaming in the recovery room, and when they brought her back to me, she was screaming even louder and wasn't sure what she wanted. 
It was so Sad! Poor lil Baby! 
It was kinda bitter sweet that she only wanted her Mamma.
She cuddled into my shoulder and sobbed in my hair.
Dr. Catten talked with us and said they drained quite a bit of fluid from her ear and said there was quite a bit of pressure on the ear drum. He said everything went great and these tubes she should really help her feel alot better.
Its pretty cool how fast they were.
Look at that face!
The nurses said she probably wasn't in pain, just a little dizzy from the gas and confused as to why she was mad.
I felt so bad! We just cuddled and I gave her lots of kisses.
As we were leaving, she gradually cheered up and was glad to be leaving. By the time we got back to our house, she was a happier and had stopped screaming and was ready to play with Grandma.

She's sleeping now, and will probably sleep most of the day.
I sure hope these tubes make her feel better!


And here are just a few happier pictures. On Saturday it was so nice! Well it was warm, almost 80 degrees!
We didn't go outside much because it was pretty breezy but it was warm enough for her to wear a cute summer outfit.



Her favorite thing to do; Love on DAD!

3 comments:

  1. Brittney had tubes put in when she was about 18mths old. She never had another ear infection until she was 9. Brayden on the other hand might have to have a second set put in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cute outfit! I am glad that you were able to get tubes in her ears so she can be happier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I bet these will make her feel so much better! Good thing she had you and your mom there to give her lots of snuggles after. It has to be so confusing to be a baby and not know what is going on and why. Cute girl.

    ReplyDelete