Sunday, July 31, 2011

Happy Birthday BABY!

I'm 1!
Where did this year go?! I can't believe it, she can't really be one year old!
This morning, as I got up, I was thinking of how just last year on a Sunday morning I was able to hold my beautiful baby girl for the first time. After a day and half of contractions we met Miss Jo on 8-1-10 at 10:04 am, and she couldn't have been more perfect. She was a healthy 8.8 pounds and 19 3/4 inches long.
 
Things I remember from labor:
-I had to beg Daddy to take me in, he thought it was a false alarm.
-Walking to the OB, I had to stop 3 times in between contractions before I could continue on.
-Daddy forgot to push record on the video camera.
-While pushing, we were watching a music video on CMT.
-My grandma didn't believe we had actually had her until she heard her cry.
-Our parents were at church and we couldn't get hold of them until after and my grandma had to track mine down at church.
-It was pretty weird to see just how big she really was... she was alot bigger than I thought she would be.
-That first cry was MAGICAL! Really!
-Time seemed to stop when I first held her, I remember looking up at Cod and saying, "She's all ours!"

She has been such a great baby and we love her more and more each day.
Who would have thought that such a small little girl could change your life in such a BIG way.
We are truely so blessed to have her! I don't know what I'd do without her. What I do know is, this year has been the best and we sure love her!
 At one year old she:
-Walks! as of the first of July she started walking by herself and my poor apartment hasn't been messier!
-She's FULL of kisses! Especially when Daddy gets home!
-She has 5.5 teeth, three/almost four on top and two on bottom.
-She thinks she's so big. Instead of playing with the babies, she follows the big kids around trying to keep up with them.  
-When she hear music in the morning she dances.
-She went her first trail ride. We rode around the lake up at Moon Lake. She did a great job until the last little bit when she fell asleep, I guess the bumpy trot just rocked her to sleep. She loves that Sadie Dog too, she would have fallen off the horse trying to watch her running down the trail.
-She loves babies, and poor Jaxie Dawn gets more slobbery kisses than anyone!
-She loves her Daddy more and more... She's so excited when he gets home and especially when he shares his ice cream with her.
-She can suck through a straw... Big accomplishment, she doesn't leave as many floaters with a straw.
-She pretends to talk on the phone. She says HI and kisses it when talking to Daddy, Gma and Gpa.
-She had her first eye appointment. She did pretty well and Dr. W said she is well beyond her age in tracking objects... Good Job Jo!
-She says: mamma, dadda, hi, cookie, dink (drink), sometimes is sounds like she says Sadie, Ryry (Rylan), gmammama (Grandma), and the other day I could have sworn she said Minute. (I'm always saying, "Just a minute, Jo, just a minute.")
- She's Daddy's little SWEETHEART and My LUV BUG!

Happy, Happy Birthday JoJo!

No comments:

Post a Comment