Today me being the law abiding citizen I am, full filled my civil duty of appearing for jury duty...
Which lasted for about an hour and half then the case was dismissed.
To be perfectly honest, I kinda wanted to be picked, weird I know. There's just something exciting about sitting in a case... you know the exciting, juicy ones! Actually, if going to find a babysitter and drive to Duchesne I might as well make a day out of it.
The thing that gets me is if they are going to dismiss the case they should do that before they make twelve people take off work, find babysitters, and take time out of their day to drive to the court house. My gas guzzling truck most likely used more in gas to get down there than the amount they 'award' you for full filling your civil duty (They repeatedly tell you that while your waiting, its in the video they make you watch and on the postcard which so very nicely tells you have to show up or you get jail time or a $1000 fine!)
Well that's all, just wanted to vent for a minute... I guess I'm off for another 2 years before they call me full fill my civil duty again.

No comments:
Post a Comment