This last weekend was a little busy... well for Cody and Jojo anyways.
It all started Thursday night when Cody didn't get home until 1:40 am from a long night of work to only get a few hours of sleep then headed out to go pheasant hunting with his crew early the next morning. After along day of playing, he came home to a little girl begging him to take her horse ride. (Mom's lame and can't ride anymore... wonder why? 38 weeks prego!) So he gave in and took her for a long ride, which she of course loved!
After a pheasant dinner (not the best) we all went to bed and woke up early to help sale Grandpa's calves. Cody trucked the calves to the scales and I babysat the kiddos. THEN about 11am Cod gets the call that his little bro had found his big horn sheep and was going to shoot it and asked if he wanted to come down and watch. Which of course Cody had to go and Miss Jo decided she wanted to tag along. So like a great dad, he took her. So they took off about 1pm and made it to Moab to watch Kjell shoot the sheep then after a long day of hiking to find the sheep Daddy and Jo headed back to Altonah Sunday night.
I was a bit emotional about being left behind, (stupid hormones). Cody kept saying you can come, just come and I thought really hard about it but I could just see myself being really uncomfortable the whole ride and he wouldn't be too happy about having to stop every half hour to let me go to the restroom so I had to stay home.
But from the stories I've heard from Gma Carrie and Daddy it sounds like they had a great time. Even through the loooooong hike to find the sheep they said Jo was a good girl and I'm glad Cody survived carrying our 'healthy' 3 year old. And I'm sure Jo loved being the center of attention! She was the only girl with her daddy, Gpa Dave and uncles Kjell and Trav.
Lastly here is a funny little line Cody told me Jo said to Gpa Dave.
"Gumpa, whatcha got for a hungry little girl to eat her tummy?"
Sounds just like her!
No comments:
Post a Comment