Names are a big deal. That's what your stuck with all your life.
When it came to naming our daughters we didn't have too many disagreements. I came up with the names and Cod was the deciding factor. And I always think middle names are important, But only if the middle names have a meaning. I've never really liked when people just pick any ol middle name.
I was looking at our primary lesson for next week and we're going to be talking about families and family names. So this is what brings me to writing this post. What's in a name, what does your name mean? Where did it come from. We've had a few people ask why we named our girls what we have so I guess it's time to explain.
Dallie Jo Stacy: We came up with Dallie Jo after going to a rodeo and hearing the name Dally. I added the Jo to the name because it sounded cute and Stacy is after my mom's sister Stacy who passed away in 2000 from cancer. I really looked up to my aunt Stacy. She was a strong young lady who endured quite a bit of trials in her life but that never knocked her down. She was a great mom and the most talented crafter I know.
Cooper Rose: I came with Cooper for a boy when I was Prego with Dal. I had always like the name and not knowing if we were having a boy or a girl we just kept Cooper on our minds. But when dal said she was having a sister and that her name was Cooper, it just stuck! I came up with Rose because our my grandma Katherine Roseanne Fisher. After giving Cooper that middle name I remember that I have an aunt RoseEllen and grandma Rosezella on the Dad's side. So it was a great pick.
So where did your name come from?
No comments:
Post a Comment