- Have fun and enjoy life. It seems like last year we just hussled by and didn't really sit and enjoy what we have in front of us. We have so enjoyed having Jo but she is growing so fast that I wish we could just slow time down and enjoy these years of seeing her grow and learn. I heard a guy in the store say, the first 5 years of a kids life we tell them to walk and talk and the next 25 years we tell them the sit down and shut up... So true.
- Get Healthy. Exercise and eat healthy
- Potty Train Dallie Jo. She's off to a pretty good start. We're 6 for 8 times that we have taken her to the potty. I didn't want to push the subject cuz I didn't want her to get in a good 'going' routine and then go on vacation and mess it all up.
- Keep saving money. Along with saving money for our house, I'd like to be able to make a better budget and stick to it.
- Keep up on chores. I try to always have a clean house when Cody gets home from work, and when we go to bed because its so much nicer to wake up to a clean house but as the holidays have come and gone I've kinda been slacking...
- Try new recipes. Cody isn't really a fan of me trying new things (cuz they usually don't work) Well I want to try a new recipe at least once a month or once a week.
- Gain more patience. Planning, saving and organizing to build a house has proved to be a patience braker! So I need to gain/learn more patience in waiting for our house.
2012 has already started off well. We have a great vacation to Mexico planned, we have broke ground on our house and hopefully our drawings will be finished by the end of the month. AND my sister is suppose to have her little boy the first of Feb, yep that's right, I'll probably be in Mexico when little Gudger is born.
Dallie Jo has learned so much this month. She is trying to talk, she's picking up on words so well! She is climbing on everything and is a little teaser! She's still attached to her binky, but we'll work on that when we get back from our long drive to Cali. She loves to play with other kids, expecially the older kids. We went to a little cookie and milk party to our neighbors and she would rather watch and play with the older kids than with the little boys her age. And she has her Daddy wrapped around her little finger, she brings a candy to him and says peeeeease and of course he has to give it to her because she said please!
Cody is still very busy at work. He is going on his second year with Anadarko and seems to like it. He dreams of hunting anything and everything and had a pretty good time going ice fishing with his Dad over Christmas. He is the best daddy and it is so cute seeing him and Jo playing tractors and animals. They are best buds.
And I have been just the same. Over Christmas I decided to try and make most of the presents I was going to give away and for the most part I did, and I wore myself out! I love to craft and make stuff for others but 10 towels, and seven hats later I had, had enough crafting for that month! Here are a few pics of my projects:
Well that's about all for now. We're just plugging along lovin life and this cute little girl. I seriously don't know what we would ever do with out her, yep her and her little attitude!
Those are the most adorable little hats and towels! Makes me really embarrassed that I gave you my amatuer stuff when you had Dallie. :) You should sell it all! :) Congrats on the ground breaking! Yahoo!!!!
ReplyDelete